Saturday, March 14, 2009

Group Poster Project

I assigned a group poster project in my A placement work sample. On the day it was due, I had three people turn it in. I had assigned this as an individual project in one class and made it a group assignment in the other. The individual project was not handed in on time either, but the quality of the posters was much higher, generally, for the individual ones. So, my question: group poster projects, do they work? Or are they done better individually?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting question... as you probably know, and all of the MTE students in Ray's class will probably agree, group poster projects don't work when you can't do the work together. However, with that said, I think there is something to say for cooperative group projects. It is important to bounce ideas off others and get multiple views on the project. When it does work it's great, but there are the students who take over and want to get a good grade and at that point, others ride on their shirt tails and get the grade, even without doing the work. I feel if you do give a group project, you need to have each student report on what they did, what their partners did, and if they feel everyone put in equal work.

    ReplyDelete